Know You Need to Have The Conversation but Aren’t Sure How to Start It?
Communicating your end of life wishes is a necessary conversation, but not necessarily the easiest or most comfortable one to start. Now it can be with the help of a board game called Exit Matters that leads you through these difficult topics with ease, information, and enjoyment.
Whether you are an individual who just wants to explore what matters to you now and during your dying process or you are a family member who wishes to raise the hard topic of plans and desires before it’s too late, this game may be just the thing you need to spark a very challenging conversation.
Introductory video for the Exit Matters game
Video by Westman Productions
Photography by Kessetta Black
- Can be played in person or virtually (or both).
- Facilitated to deepen the conversation and allow for safety and flow.
- Great for families, friends and especially your healthcare advocate.
- Takes about 2 hours to play and debrief
- Train-the-trainer option where you learn how to facilitate the game and get your own copy (Coming soon)
- Every player leaves with an Exit Matters menu, that can be a starting place for conversations with loved ones or something to keep track of your own wishes
What People are Saying
“A good way to initiate discussion, in a neutral setting with peers….”
“An interesting, fun and engaging way to discuss end of life issues. A good way to initiate discussion, in a neutral setting with peers before having what could ordinarily be an emotionally charged discussions with family.”
“… Choice cards – VERY thought provoking….”
“I liked how it invoked open conversations and it was nice to hear everyone’s differing opinions. Sometimes made you rethink your answer. You thought oh for sure I’d do this, but then someone would add their insights and you’d start to open your mind to other ways of looking at things – especially liked the Choices cards – VERY thought provoking; encouraged me to think about my wishes surrounding my death.
My passion is to create innovative and engaging ways to open up our thinking and talking about what matters to us - in our life and our death.